Saturday, February 4, 2017

Sorry for the Wait...

Folks!
It's been way too long... For that, I apologize.
Seems like a million and one things have happened over the course of these past (near) two years...
I won't get into that though. Far too much backstory.
Don't leave yet! There's been something on my mind, and I'd like for you to read it, and provide input. 
Here goes.

====

Waiting. I'm always waiting. It seems to me, that the more I try to get ahead, the further behind I get.
Why is that? Am I doing something wrong? Is it just that I can't do anything? Is that simply my fate?
Fate. What a precarious word to use, so flippantly. 
Too many questions, not enough answers. 
Or maybe, just maybe, I'm just looking in the wrong places...

Sometimes it seems all I have left, is to wait. 
Perhaps... perhaps the answer is patience. 

Wait on God's plan, instead of pushing ahead, in my selfish desire, and sinful blindness.
Human nature has this innate desire to 'do it myself!' Even at a young age, it's evident.
This, in and of itself, doesn't seem wrong at all. In fact, to many, this sounds like a valuable skill. However, this self-sufficiency has bred a different species of value, then what I grew up with. 
I was taught to pray, and follow God's will. Not to prey on the weak, to fulfill my ignorant wants.
I learned the true purpose of dying to myself, so that God can and will be glorified. Not how to glorify myself with useless stuff I'll never use anyway.
My parents led by example. Living selflessly, always waiting on God's timing, no matter what.
In the end, the wait is worth it.
Why is it worth it?

That may be something you need to find out for yourself, my friend.

====

My late-night thoughts, this Saturday evening! What do you think?
Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment