Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Question's Answer

Here is a poem that I wrote for kicks... enjoy!


A Question’s Answer

I have a question
And none have a suggestion
I have a query
While others have no worry

“Why?” I ask “do men not fight
When their lives are in dire plight
Or when injustice is very near
Men just run as soon as they hear”

The answer is, quite simply put,
Forward with your courage, and not back with your foot!
“Charge!” I say
“And low, do not lay!”

For men that fear,
When danger is near,
Will only run
Because strength they shun

The men who flee
I am certain, have no glee
But those who step forward
Are definitely no coward

The reason is, quite simply put,
Forward with your courage, and not back with your foot!
“Charge!” I say,
“And low, do not lay!”
Jeremiah Hoppman

2 comments: